Swalcliffe Park is an Ofsted rated ‘outstanding’ specialist residential school for secondary aged boys with a diagnosis of Autism. The school is committed to supporting and developing the communication, self, management, independence and achievement of its students and is focused on developing the overall quality of life of its students and their families.
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist- Band 6
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 Hours
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: FTE from £31,365 – £37, 890 (depending on experience)
Due to our school expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking Speech and Language Therapist to join our growing multi-disciplinary therapy team. The role includes responsibility for a small caseload with the opportunity to carry out individual, small group and class-based interventions using evidence-based approaches within the school day and during residential hours. The role includes a strong support element for the school staff, residential staff and parents including liaisons, subject specific support, classroom and environmental modifications/advice as well as delivering workshops/training. As part of the Quality of Life research that Swalcliffe Park School is leading, the role also includes a focus on developing independence and functional life skills through delivering independence themed lessons as well as input in the community following a therapeutic framework.
– Member of RCSLT.
– HCPC registered.
– Has experience of working in education settings.
– Has experience of working with students with Autism.
– Has experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
What we can offer you:
– Excellent working conditions including paid school holidays and pension.
– Opportunities for career development and professional development with access to training.
– Professional supervision, as well as peer support.
– Access to a wide range of assessment and resources.
– MDT working with Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and the wider school and residential team.
For more information about this post or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Sarah James, Lead Speech and Language Therapist, by telephoning 01295 780302 or by emailing email@example.com.
For an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website https://swalcliffepark.co.uk/our-community/working-at-swalcliffe/
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young/vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment. We implement all aspects of the safer recruitment process.
Closing date: 8th June 2020